Editor’s note: On August 17, 2010, an article on Falun Gong’s website 'Epoch Times' said that Shang Youfu, a 73-year-old villager of Erjie Village, Bobi Town, Hui County, Henan Province, was once diagnosed with cardiac cancer; Shang had lived in hospital for treatments but in vain; after he watched the CDs of Shen Yun shows several times, the cancer cells were disappeared; thus, his relatives quit the CCP and its affiliated organizations in succession. Shang was so angry when he saw the article, then he declared as follows:
On August 17, 2010, the website of Falun Gong Epoch Times made a rumor that I was diagnosed with cardiac cancer and recovered after watching the Shen Yun show. This is not only a tale of a tub, but also hurt my and my relatives’ reputations.I hereby declare as follows.
1. I was born in 1927, and I am 83 years old now, not 73 years old as they said.
2. I am a CCP member with attic faith, never get in touch with Falun Gong.
3. I was diagnosed with cardiac cancer in 2007 and received the operation in the hospital. I have been taking the medicine to keep the condition stable.
4. I have never seen CDs of Shen Yun show, let alone watch the Shen Yun performances.
5. Among my relatives, only my eldest son Shang Xuejian and I are CCP members. Neither of us has quit the CCP and its affiliated organizations.
6. Epoch Times and its reporter Xin Fei should make a public apology to me and my family, remove the false information as soon as possible, cease all acts of infringement, eliminating the negative influence.
It is hereby declared.
from Erjie Village, Bobi Town, Hui County, Henan Province
on September 6, 2010
Shang Youfu in his home
The declaration of Shang Youfu