● In August 1997, Liu Yufeng, a Falun Gong practitioner as well as a farmer from Lingshui Town, Ganjingzi District, Dalian City, committed self-immolation by igniting a gas cylinder and died.
● On October 27, 1998, a farmer named Li Yumei from Nanyuan Town, Zhaoyuan City, Shandong Province, poured some kerosene into her family's haystack, set it on fire and committed self-immolation by jumping into the fire. She said: "Master Li Hongzhi is bringing me into the paradise."
● Chang Haochi, a student from Shanxi Coal Industry Cadre Management College, believed that his cultivation had already "reached Consummation" and he could "ascend to the paradise." On July 4, 1999, at the age of 27, he and his fellow practitioner Li Jinzhong aged 50, sat cross-legged and face to face, committed self-immolation and died.
● On January 23, 2001, seven Falun Gong obsessed practitioners from Kaifeng City, Henan Province, conducted self-immolation collectively in Tian'anmen Square. Liu Chunling was burned to death right at the spot, and Liu Siying was seriously injured and later died. Chen Guo, Hao Huijun and the others were seriously wounded and received medical treatment and utmost care in Beijing, who were sent home later for recovery.
● On February 16, 2001, a Falun Gong practitioner named Tan Yihui from Changde, Hunan Province, committed self-immolation and died at the age of 26, in Wanshou Road, Beijing.
● On July 1, 2001, Luo Guili, a student from Nanning City, Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, committed self-immolation and died for "getting rid of attachments" in Nationality Square, Nanning.
● On November 2, 2005, a Falun Gong practitioner named Li Xiaoying (female) from Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province, committed self-immolation and died in Nanchang Street, Beijing.